Monday, January 31, 2011

A Lesson Learned...

Since I started this journey I have corresponded with several interesting Dads. Dads as far away as Germany, and as close as New Jersey have all sent in e-mails detailing their lives as Dads. The majority are happy with what I’m doing. Some on the other hand - well let us just say I have been “de-friended” more than once. As my facebook friends list heads south, I have realized something…

Doing the right thing is universal and no one should be afraid or embarrassed to speak on a subject if it is dear to them. Dads should teach their children to stand for something and even when the critics come (and they will), and the critiques are too much to bear. My advice to children is simple; “Keep your head up and handle it.”

At no time should we allow our children to experience the sense of being broken down (emotionally/spiritually) to the point where they become afraid to function. If someone does not like what your child is doing and your child believes it is the right thing to do; then why should they stop?

Involved Dads want (and try to deliver) what is best for their children. Instilling a strong sense of character and good judgment in boys and girls at an early age will allow them to develop into well rounded teens and we hope adults. Boys cannot learn from women alone and girls need a stern Dad in their lives.

I started this blog to reach other Dads and pass on some encouragement, maybe even share some knowledge but during this brief period I probably have learned more than any reader or follower.
I have learned Dads Do… Matter.

P.S. Emailer-Y (Yes I know you are reading) do not be upset with MY thoughts; be upset with YOUR actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment